Friday, December 14, 2007

Santa




At the tree lighting ceremony a couple of weekends ago the kids got to sit on Santa's lap and get a goody bag from him. Then we went inside the firehouse and had hot chocolate and cookies and cupcakes.

Last year Manny was so scared of Santa that he'd cry and go the opposite direction. I was afraid this year it would be worse...but I was wrong. We first saw Santa at Adam's and he sat next to him but didn't really say anything, just sat there looking at him. Then he was first in line at the tree lighting ceremony to sit on his lap.

He doesn't say anything to Santa as he sits on his lap, he just kinda sits there and looks at him. At home it's a different story. I like PBS because there are no commercials, but on Disney and any other channel everything he sees, he wants. "Mommy I want that!" Mommy I want that!" and so on and so on with every commercial. It doesn't matter what it is, he wants it. So I started to say "That would be nice" after each thing he "wants". He now says, "I want that be nice!" I just yes everything he says. The kid doesn't need anything; we could open a toy store with everything we have. Of course none of the cars or trucks have tires on them. He has this obsession with taking off every tire, no matter how hard it is and he chews on them and calls it his "gum". Now he's never had gum so I don't know where that assimilation came from.

He surprises me everyday though with what he knows. He saw a trumpet on one of my mother's carolers and told me, "That's a trumpet." His new phrase is also, "I LOVE my mommy, I LOVE my mommy..........." I love you too love bug!!!!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I had to read that whole 3rd paragraph aloud to Ryan, it was so cute. you are such a good mommy, Jen!