Thursday, December 13, 2007

Our first snowstorm





We received our first real snowstorm today. They closed schools everywhere before it even started doing anything. I had plans to run to Walmart before the snow came and I never made it out early enough. The snow started at 9am and it's still snowing at 7:30 tonight. There is probably 9-10 inches out there. I took the kids out to play late this afternoon and they had a blast. Manny is at a fun age and is really enjoying everything this time of year. I have Santa pictures to post too...

They helped shovel the driveway, or should I say made more a mess that then had to be re- shoveled. Manny thought he'd be able to ride his bikes in the snow; that didn't work either.

I am hoping for no school again tomorrow. I love snow days and especially as I slow down here in my pregnancy, it is nice. I have 9 more weeks and am started to feel "huge". The kids are crazy in school with the holidays and the snow, so I'd rather not deal with them. The other part of me would rather have the "snow days" in the spring, that way it's less days I don't get paid for while on my maternity leave. Either way I guess I win.

0 comments: