Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

We had a beautiful two days! We spent Christmas Eve day with Manny's mom and sister and kids and the kids had a lot of fun together. Christmas Eve we went out to dinner with my grandmother, aunt, uncle, parents, brother and sister-in-law. After dinner (which I was glad to be over, only because it is stressful to be out at a really nice restaurant with a 2 year old. He was well behaved and not too noisy, but I still worry the entire time.) we went back to my moms and opened gifts with them.

Christmas morning we had to wake Manny up at 8 o'clock because Taina had already been patiently waiting. Manny didn't really know what to expect or what to do when he saw the presents under the tree. Santa had wrapped Taina's gifts in princess paper and Manny's in Diego, so when he realized the Diego gifts were for him he would carefully take one at a time, bring it to the table, open it, show everyone, take it all in and then go for the next present. He got so wrapped up in his gifts that we had to remind him he had more; I guess that means he really didn't need everything he got! Taina's favorite gift was her American girl doll from grandma and Pop-Pop. Everything seems to be Manny's favorite toy.

Christmas afternoon my mom's brothers and sisters and my grandmother all get together at my moms and we do a big dinner and then more gifts. Manny didn't get a lot to open at this point because there really is/was nothing he needed. I told people to get him savings bonds or money to put into his savings account; this wasn't fun for him though. He had 2 presents and the rest were cards..he kept asking "Can I open more presents?" He was so good about it though, even though he didn't have anymore. I was happy to see him being patient and calm, and not throwing a fit for more.







My uncle thought his gift was funny.....thank goodness he forgot to buy batteries for it!!

0 comments: