Friday, December 28, 2007

Bed rest

I went to the doctor Wednesday for my monthly appointment and she told me I have to be on bed rest. I have preeclampsia or pregnancy induced hypertension. I only have 2 of the 4 signs, but it is enough for her to condemn me to the couch and bed. I did get permission to go to work next week for the 3 days to clean up my stuff, say good bye to the kids and get plans ready for a sub to take over. I am not mentally ready to stop working and laying on the couch and sitting in the chair these past 2 days has been rough. I do notice a difference already in the swelling of my ankles and feet though. I went and had a biophysical profile done on the baby this morning. I will have to have one of these done every week until I deliver, or she takes the baby. The lady doing the sonogram said he got an A+. His little diaphram was moving quite nicely, he's doing a good job practicing his breathing and she estimates him to arrive Feb 1 (14 days before my due date) because of the size he measures. She estimated him to be 5 lbs 4 oz or so. Now remember, they thought Manny was over 9 lbs and induced me only for him to be 7 lbs 15 oz, 4 days later. I take their measurements with a grain of salt.

What am I going to do all day? I need to find a hobby, quickly. It is hard to sit still all day right now, being home with a 2 year old. Daycare opens again next week and he will be back Mon.-Thurs. like has has been and still spending the day with Daddy on Fridays. I know not many people ready my blog, but for those of you who do, if you know someone who has been on bed rest before please ask them to visit my blog and leave me a comment with helpful hints. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

awww!!!! check out some of the blogs on my sidebar... that should keep you busy. :) I don't know if you ever saw the one written by the mother of quadruplets (life through my eyes)... she was on bedrest for awhile. take care of yourself! can't wait to meet your babe! :)

~Denise~ said...

Sorry to hear you have developed issues like this with this pregnancy. Bedrest is not fun, but can hopefully help buy you some more time.

I'm a preeclampsia survivor myself and know how scary it can be. (I found your blog via a google alert I have set for pre-e).

Best wishes to you!