Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We are home...obviously without a baby!!

So, we got to the hospital and registered and they brought me up to labor and delivery... They hooked me up to the blood pressure machine (can I just tell you how much I despise that hurtful thing!!) and the fetal monitor. Well my first couple of blood pressures were 80s or 90s/50s. Okay now I've never seen my BP so low. Manny pointed out that the woman put the cuff down and part way around my elbow so Dr. Aviles fixed it for me and put it higher up on my arm. At that point it was reading 115/62 (more normal for me). I had blood work done and they messed that up with the wrong name. No one checked my arm band to make sure they had the right name. Needless to say Manny told me we are never letting the baby out of our sight when he have him. The baby was doing great with heart rate acceleration and deceleration so the midwife on call came and discharged me. I am thankful that all is well with the baby, but so ready to have him!!!

I have a biophysical today and back the the Dr tomorrow. One day this precious child will arrive (I just hope it is before the end of February!!) At this rate I might as well go back to work, then he'll come.

0 comments: