Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a week..

my poor Julian has had. It started with the fever and double ear infection. On the third day of giving him his antibiotic he started with diarrhea and his poor little butt was sore. On Thursday he was having nasty diapers every 2 hours and was keeping nothing in him. I started pedialite and even that went right through him. Yesterday we stopped the meds and tried to follow the BRAT diet with him all day with a teaspoon of pedialite every 15 minutes...this didn't seem to do much. His doctor feared we would have to take him to the emergency room last night for an IV. Miraculously (I think so anyway) his diarrhea has disappeared and he has had only wet diapers since 5 pm Friday night.
After talking with my sister in law (the doctor also wondered this) thinking Julian may have had an allergic reaction to the meds. My poor little guy has been through so much...starting in the womb. I think he is going to be my sensitive one with whom we need to watch everything he eats and drinks. He goes for allergy testing for milk in 2 weeks. Please keep him in your thoughts until he is 100% better. He is not out of the clear yet because he was only on meds for 4 days; his ear infection is not gone....we'll see what happens.

0 comments: