Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My sick boys


The past week has NOT been fun. Early last Monday (January 5...my first day back to work after 12 days off) Manny woke up crying that his ear hurt him....yup assumed yet another ear infection. Julian had started coughing the night before so I figured I'd take them to the Dr after work. Just as I thought double ear infection for Manny and Julian had a bad bronchial infection which would have turned into pneumonia had I not gone to the Dr that day. I was sent home with an antibiotic for each boy and nebulizer treatments for Julian as well as a few other things. Manny quickly went down hill and he developed a cough (his infamous always seem to get one cough) and we started treatments with him. By the end of the week neither of them had made much progress...fevers, runny nose, cough still deep and nasty...Manny upped his meds and started Prednazone and his next step was the emergency room. Julian finally made a turn for the better Sunday during the day or else his next step was prednazone. Let me tell you, it was NO picnic being stuck in the house with the two boys Saturday and Sunday and having to do nebulizer treatments on them both every 4 hours. All I can say is I was thankful to go back to work Monday and that they are both doing better!!!

0 comments: