Monday, October 13, 2008

What a beautiful 5 day weekend we had. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we got so much done around the house (only the kids and I had the 5 days...Manny worked). The trees have turned such beautiful colors that everything around here looks gorgeous!! (I'll get the pictures on here soon.)

Thursday the kids all had flu shots and I got some running around done.

Friday Little M had preschool in the am and J went to daycare, Taina was stuck with us part of the day. Manny and I went to Lowes and got a new lawn mower (the other broke) and I shopped around in the outdoor section, only to find bushes and shrubs for 75% off. I ended up getting 9 different plants/shrubs...all for $45...the cost of 1 1/2 regular priced. We got the front flowerbed near the walkway all dug up and made decisions of what we will do there. We need to buy pavers, well the stacking kind and build a small retaining wall b/c the hill slopes down. My neighbor had dug up some hosta and tiger lilies so I got the hosta planted before getting Julian.

Saturday it was the kids and I so I cleaned up the garage. It seems that so much accumulates there and we need to get rid of stuff in a yard sale, except we don't have enough for one of our own. Julian played in his pack n play for an hour without making a sound....love it!!! My cousin's wife stopped by with their brand new baby...he is sooo cute and little. J is only almost 8 months and already I forget how he was that small and making that sweet little sound while drinking a bottle. J was quite interested in him, watching and smiling. He also thought his bottle was great and tried to drink it. Then we headed to great grandma's house to spend some time with her. She enjoyed seeing everything Julian does now and talking with Manny and Taina about school.

Sunday I got out and planted the tiger lilies in front of the stone wall along the road. Manny's grandmother came for a visit and we relaxed the rest of the evening. I love Sunday evenings after the kids go to bed....awesome shows on!!!

0 comments: