Thursday, October 9, 2008

Flower bed

I have never been one to get excited over flower beds, especially the upkeep of them.

When I was younger my mom was always outside weeding or planting and I stayed as far away as I could.


Things all changed once we moved into the new house. The pic isn't a great one but the area to the right of the walkway is my first project. I want to get all the grass dug up (hard to see but there is alot) and leveled out....build a small rock wall out from the house just to make it look like 2 levels.


I started digging up grass today...took a long time for the area I got done. Dad told me tonight it would go alot faster if I got a round tip shovel instead of the flat one I was using. Manny promised to go with me to Lowes in the morning to get the right shovel.


The kids played nicely while I worked for about an hour tonight. Julian was so content in the pack n play with all of his toys and Taina and Manny rode bikes.



My neighbor across the street dug up and brought over some Tiger Lilies and Hosta...I'm going to plant those tomorrow (love the 5 day weekend!!!!)
I'm not sure though which side of the stone wall to plant the tiger lilies on. I can do the road side or the house side. Any suggestions. I'm going to plant the hosta on the side of the house with some shade.

0 comments: