Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The mess in my classroom

I have changed positions in school. So long, farewell, it's time to say good bye 6th grade!!!!!!! I will be a Reading/Math Lab Teacher for 1, 2, 3. I am sooo excited for this change and ready for the challenge. Our (me and the other person new to that lab) first challenge though is getting the room ready. Below is ONE cabinet we have to clean out and organize. I attemped to tackle it the other day and didn't get too far. This is the before....

This is everything from the top 2 shelves only.... (only the front table)


Side shot of the "mess". The boxes stacked on the left (10 high) are all pencils...there are like 15 boxes of paper clamps, 13 boxes of big paper clips and only 8 or so of the little ones. I don't think we'll have to order supplies before we retire (I have like 23 years or so left) We inherited the room from two awesome teachers who retired.....OMG there is soo much. There are games from 1976...time to clean out. If they are as old as I am...they are too old to use in teaching!! I'll post updated photos as I get work done.



0 comments: