Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Not I" and potty training

Have you ever had something happen around the house and all of the "Not I's" stand up. It reminds me of the Family Circus cartoon in the paper. Somehow Friday or Saturday "someone" had my keys and bent the truck key. Now, Big Manny had the truck all day Friday (I didn't drive) and he used the keys Saturday morning to get something out. He claims there was nothing wrong with the key then. Now, we (the kids and I) were home all day yesterday and at no time did Little Manny have the keys, believe me I would have known, because I would have had a hard time taking them away. At about 4 yesterday afternoon I decided to take a quick run up to the house to see the cabinets. I grabbed the keys (didn't notice anything) and got everyone in the truck. I went to start the truck and realized the key was bent. After a few choice words and a call to Manny (no answer) I decided to bend the key back and go on my way. We went and walked through to see the progress then came home. When I went to take the key out of the ignition it broke and part of the key is left in there. The truck has to be towed tomorrow to the dealership and somehow get that key piece out. Now, Big Manny blames me for the bent key (I didn't have the key at all) and tells me I was lazy to not walk back into the house and get the spare key instead of the broken bent one. I don't call it lazy, I call it 9 months pregnant and not going all the way back inside to look for a lost key. Now he has to take me for my sonogram in the morning, then hopefully we'll get a rental.

On a side note I am sooooo proud of my little man!!!! He has been "using" the potty at daycare since June or so and will stay dry most days because they automatically put him on the potty every so often. At home it has been a different story. Up until recently I haven't been able to get him to go on the potty, except before bath time. Now that I am home and we go nowhere I have been letting him run around without a diaper or pull up on and putting him on the toilet every so often. These past two days besides me sending him, he has told me quite a few times he has to go and off we go running. It's quite a production...he has to take off his shorts (if he has any on), then get the stool, climb up onto the toilet and do a 5 point turn. I swear his foot or knee is going to go into the bowl sometime or so it looks. After he goes he has to hop off, flush, and wash his hands. A little while again we took his "nap time" pull up off and he told me had to go potty a little while later. Not even five minutes back into playing and he tells me to hurry, he has to go potty. Well I am skeptical but go back with him and he did go a little more. I am so proud that he is taking the initiative on his own now. Yesterday he asked me to put a diaper on so he could go hide and go poopy (the toilet scares him for this). Don't get me wrong though, if he has a pull up or a diaper on at home he will just go in there and not even tell me he has to go until after, "Mommy I wet." Keep up the good work big boy!!

0 comments: