Monday, August 18, 2008

Voice

Julian has found his voice...happy 6th month birthday baby. Yesterday Julian turned 6 months. I can't believe a half a year has gone by already. We went to my cousin's wife's baby shower and Julian was such a good boy. Everywhere we go lately everyone tells me what a good baby I have. Weeellll, I think that all changed last night. Julian was playing with toys on the floor and let out a squeal of delight. He looked around then tried it again, and again, and again, and again......Manny and I couldn't help but laugh at him. Then the laughing screams turned to angry screams....not funny anymore!! Today I've heard alot of whining with screaming right after...oh no, I think something was started and it's not good. I prayed A LOT that he would be a quiet baby because the three year old is NOT QUIET EVER!! Some of that has to do with tubes in his ears that aren't working, we are also having to question his hearing in general. He failed his hearing test in one ear in the hospital before we were discharged. We had him retested and he passed, we've thought nothing of it ever since. I took Manny for a hearing test but after 40 min he had had enough and stopped participating. I would like another test done in the near future to determine whether or not there is a hearing problem.



Taina is watching "Clique Girls" on Music Choice on demand in the background and they are giving fashion tips for back to school. Taina told me to pay attention...yeah okay. They first told her to wear pink lip gloss...uummm sorry you are eight and not wearing lip gloss to school; I don't care if other girls do. Bright colors and low top sneakers are what's cool. Then they said to wear your hair down; don't dare to wear it up. Taina's reaction as said to the tv "Yeah right, do you want me to get lice from leaving my hair down!?!" UUMM that would be the teacher in me who has seen numerous cases of lice with students. I've conditioned her to understand the hair goes up or back. Special occasions (picture day and that's about it) your hair can stay down. You can also wear it down on Sat and Sun....not never!!

0 comments: