Saturday, April 11, 2009

Manny is a champ

Manny's surgery went well. He was the 2nd one scheduled and seemed a little nervous, but showed me how strong he really is. He loved his cap they put on him for surgery...he loves animals. Our Dr. told me he didn't cry at all, was making them laugh and enjoying talking with them before they put him to sleep (by mask). Surgery lasted about 45 minutes and we saw him shortly after recovery and he was still sleepy. They brought him back upstairs to his room and within 2 hours he was back to himself. I had brought "special" toys that I picked up just for the hospital stay...hoping the newness would keep him entertained for the entire day and night....yeah my wishful thinking!! He watched tv, played and just enjoyed having mommy and daddy to himself. He had to stay overnight for observation, even though you could clearly see how "well and normal" he was.


Before being taken into the OR

After, up in room playing

Playing cars with Daddy
All throughout my preparing him I never mentioned the word hospital because I didn't want to bring back the bad memories of last years 3 day visit with pneumonia. I always said we were doing to Dr. D's "big" office for the tubes. Well, a couple hours after surgery he says to me "I've been here before. Well, not HERE in this bed before but in a different one in the hospital." His memory amazes me!!! We are all so happy Manny is recovering so well!!! Love you big boy!

0 comments: