Sunday, April 27, 2008

Manny's 3rd b-day parties

We had a party weekend (literally)!! Saturday Manny celebrated with his daycare friends at Chuck E. Cheese. He had such a great time playing games, running around, and dancing with Chuckie. From there we brought the kids to my mother in law and sister in law and they watched them so we could go to my cousin's house warming party. When we got home last night (pretty late) we let Manny in on a little secret....you get presents at a birthday party. He was clueless that he had gifts to open. (Note to self; this will end with this birthday, he will now know what to expect!) He opened all his great toys and of course wanted them all opened. He took a few to bed and woke Sunday morning waiting impatiently for someone to get the toys out of the ridiculous packaging. He also got a new corvette; his "big car". We have been wanting to get him one for a year now and finally decided he was big enough to know how to use it. This afternoon we had a family party for him with cupcakes and ice cream. As everyone was arriving Manny decided to help himself to a cupcake. I took this from him (after he only got a lick or two of the icing) and told him he had to wait. I went back to washing bottles and realized it was pretty quiet (if you've ever been to our house you know it's only quiet when Manny is A) Sleeping B) Not at home C) Up to no good ) You guessed it...."C" is the correct answer. I went looking for him, stopped by the cupcake arrangement and saw "ABC" still intact and the number 1. I knew he had eaten #2 or #3 already so where was that "other" number??? I looked and found him eating, I mean licking another cupcake. I so wish I had my camera with me at that moment because he was so cute when he saw me and knew he was caught. I had to laugh at him and let him have his 2nd cupcake (it is his birthday celebration you know). Yes, he did get that 3rd cupcake too and convinced my aunt to let him eat the icing on that too!! (Good thing this is only once a year!!)




Manny's new "ride"



Manny on the "snowbeeler" like his Pop Pop


Taina having fun at Chuck E. Cheese


playing games


His Elmo cupcake cake that he got into (the #s 1,2,3 were on the lower right like the ABC are)



1 comments:

Ashley said...

looks like so much fun! I love that Manny stole those cupcakes, so funny. I can't believe he's 3!!!