Sunday, November 18, 2007

Handy Manny

Daddy got Manny a tool set. Manny was so excited by it that he told me he is a builder. The chainsaw is his favorite tool.


I am so excited and proud of Manny. He has been "potty trained" at daycare for some time now. He uses the potty all by himself (he'll yell "Shell I done" just to let her know) and pulls up his own pull up and pants. (His pants are always on backwards, he likes the tag in the front and many times inside out.) He remains dry all day and in the same pull up all day. The minute we get home that all ends. He can sit in a wet or poopy diaper forever at home and run away from me changing him. Tonight he told me he had to go potty, climbed up on the toilet all by himself and wet potty. I am so proud of him for doing it finally at home, even if it was just one time.

Every night during bedtime he plays the same questioning game. "Mommy, where's Daddy?" I answer him. "Where's Pop-Pop?" Answer. "Where's Gamma?" Answer. "Where's Daddy?" Answer...so on and so forth through all of them over and over. Finally I've had enough and I tell him I am leaving if he doesn't stop it and go to sleep. Well tonight he says to me, " Ha! Ha! I locked the door, you can't leave!" It was so cute the way he said it because he seriously thought I was locked in and he was controlling me. I had to laugh at him.

0 comments: